Thursday, November 27, 2008

Family Fun, So Many Reasons to be Thankful

Our family fun started last night with my dad's "birthday party". His birthday was actually a couple days ago, but we were not able to see him until last night. So he opened his gift from us last night. We got him a couple country music CD's. Earlier at supper, Emily told him that we got him a clock radio. I don't know where she got that, but we didn't get him a clock radio. I told him maybe it was his Christmas present. Hmmm ...

Then after that, we did a lot of prep work for Thanksgiving dinner. We set out a lot of the ingredients we would need for everything we were going to make. After we were done, we put the PJ's on the kids and then read a couple books and went to bed. This picture is Tyler and Emily reading in Grandmother and Grandaddy's bed.




And then Carter joined for a picture too. He was very interested in Emily's hair when we first got there. Emily didn't even seem to mind.

This morning, we got up early and started cooking. Dad smoked two turkey breasts and a ham. We had all kinds of dressing and vegetables and salads and monkey bread. *YUM* And I made a couple chocolate pies, a pecan pie, and a new recipe - Black Bottom Cheesecake Pecan Pie. I'm not sure if that's the official name, but that's basically what it was.

Here's a picture of the chocolate pies. They were soooo good, as usual. (There are only two pies even though it looks like four.)

And here's a picture of the pecan pie (right) and the Cheesecake Pecan pie (left). The cheesecake pie wasn't technically supposed to look like that. It was suposed to have the pecans on the top instead of town in the middle of the pie. I'm not sure what I did wrong. It tasted good anyway though.And my aunt brought a yummy chocolate cake. It was soooo rich! Sorry I didn't get pictures of the rest of the food. I was kinda late on this one.Then the family came over and we had a good time visiting and EATING. I'm pretty sure nobody went home hungry this time.

And after lunch, we sat around visiting some more. This is my brother and Carter hanging out on the couch. What a handsome little boy!


Then Emily got to hold Carter. She was so excited. It was hard to get a good picture of the two of them. He looked so big sitting in Emily's lap.

We've had a really fun day visting and play with everyone. I didn't do such a good job getting pictures of everything. I have been practicing recording some short movies with my camera. I'm going to try to post one on here tomorrow I think. Mike and I are going over to Shreveport tomorrow to see what's new over there. Mike has never been to Louisiana and I haven't been there in years. It will be nice to get away and do something together.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks and sounds like you had a GREAT time and those pies look DELISH!! Oh yummy!!! Oh yummy!!
That is pretty funny about the clock radio (lol). Great pictures of the kids that you took. Thanks for sharing your Thanksgiving with all of us. Oh, I can't get over those pies.

Ashley said...

looks like you had fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...