Monday, November 24, 2008

Not Me! Monday and an Open Letter to MckMama




Well, it's Not Me! Monday yet again. Lets just dive right in ...

  • I did not wake up thinking that I was not going to participate in Not Me! Monday this week. I'm just too tired and busy and besides, nothing noteworthy has happened in the Not Me! department lately anyway.

  • I am not totally blown away by all the hits my blog has received as a result of the shoutout from MckMama. My blog did not get over 1000 hits before noon today. Wow! Wow! Wow!

  • I did not tell my three-year-old child that the policeman was going to come knock on our door if she didn't stop screaming and crying. I did not use that line because I'd used it before and it worked. It did not work this time too. I do not promise I won't use it again.


An Open Letter to MckMama


Heeeeeeeeeey MckMama! Thank you so much for the honorable mention on your Small Fryday Contest. I'm glad you liked the post with all the links on it. I will admit (even without the cover of a Not Me! Monday) that seeing all the extra hits on my blog is almost as good as getting a real prize. I am also proud to say that my blog post has created some additional attention for the String of Pearls organization's website. (Also interestingly, I noticed that lots of people clicked out to the link where I mentioned that your kids have real names. I think many of your blog readers must be the curious sort.)


I just wanted you to know that I admire the way you put your faith out there for your blog readers to see. This was clearly demonstrated by the way you handled yourself and your family while dealing with the life-threatening condition that your son, MckMuffin, battled before he was even born. God is using your life story and your blog for great things. That is evident by the ginormous blog following that your story has created.


Over the past few weeks, I have begun to feel like God has led me to create this blog for a purpose greater than the obvious. My blog was originally created to help us keep in touch with our out-of-state family. But I think God will use this blog for great things! Sometimes I wish I knew what was in store for me, but it will all be done in God's perfect timing.


In closing, I would just like to thank you for being an example, a shining light in the darkness. I am still praying for you and your sweet family.


Love in Christ,


Jennifer


P.S. Feel free to link to my blog any time. ha ha


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An open thank you for your open letter to me:

THANK YOU!

:)

Lisa said...

Aww, you are so sweet!! I was so excited when I saw that YOU, my blogging buddy came in 2nd place. I was so bumming that you were that close to winning. Ah Shucks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...