Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas Songs

I realize that it's too early for this discussion, but ...

The last couple years since Emily has been big enough to know what's going on around this time of year, I've realized that I can't remember all the words to the Christmas songs that I once knew. For the last 15 years or more, I've had little reason to sing Christmas songs. It's not that I didn't like Christmas, but I think teenagers and young adults have little reason to sing Christmas songs. I'd say that most Christmas songs are sung by kids and parents of young kids.

Mike and Emily and I were riding home from Madison's party the other night and we started singing our favorite Christmas songs. Well, I tried to sing the 12 Days of Christmas, but I couldn't remember what was on some day. And then after I sang the 10th day, I totally thought I was done. Luckily, Mike remembered what went on all the days and so he helped me sing it. Actually, I was unsure of at least a few of the words on most of the songs I tried to sing. How sad!

I have been looking for a Christmas Song Book that has some simple sheet music and the words to a lot of my favorite songs. We had a book like that when I was a girl. I remember trying to peck out some of the songs on the piano. I was never good, but it was fun. So far, I have not been able to find what I'm looking for. Do any of you have a good Christmas Song Book or know of one that you could recommend?

Be sure to check out the Christmas shopping poll on the sidebar! I voted "Yes!"

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I wish I could help you, but unfortunately I have no idea of a song book. Sorry & Good Luck in your search!!

Martha Wise said...

Hey of course I can. How is everyone? We are fine, I'm a Grammy and Torry's a Granpa. Caden Casper Blackburn was born 10/24. The pictures and info are on Clint's MySpace. Lisa just has theirs I think.
1st visit home will be Th'vg. All can hardly wait to get their hands on him. Our 1st baby since Tommy. Love to see all of you. Been following Teresa and your blogs. I sure couldn't do one.
Love
"Grammy"(Martha)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...