Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Love it or Leave it - Steam 'n Mash Potatoes

Several weeks ago, I blogged about the frozen mashed potatoes by Ore Ida.


Well, we tried them last night with my burned roast. (Yes, we ate it anyway.) I followed the packaged directions and nuked the potatoes in the bag for 10 minutes and then let it stand for two minutes. Then I poured the contents of the bag into my favorite mixing bowl and added butter, salt and milk then mixed/mashed them as usual. I noticed the consistency was a little different than my normal mashed potatoes. But the taste was pretty good.

If I made a batch of these and a batch of my regular mashed potatoes for a side-by-side taste test, would you be able to tell which one was my regular potatoes?

Mike: Yes!
Me: Yes!
Emily: Mama, can I have a cookie with my mashed potatoes?


The Verdict: Love it! (Well, not love it, but like it and would buy it again.)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for being the guinea pig and trying them out. I will have to give them a try and see what I think. Sounds easy enough...a whole lot easier then peeling all those potatoes and making homemade mashed potatoes. How was the burnt roast?

Ashley said...

anything to speed the process along!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...